Plot

N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
I knew this book was going to be good. I mean, look at the cover; it's intriguing. The cover makes you want to read the book. That is a good-looking cover. But, aside from the cover, watch the video. The book video doesn't tell much of anything about the book, but you do learn about Karsten Knight. I mean, a funny guy like him, the book had no chance of being bad.

But, enough about why it should have been good. Why was it good?

The book was definitely different. The beginning felt a little strained to read. The action was all there, but it seemed difficult to find the right connection with the main character, or something. But, you get about one hundred pages in. That's where something clicks.

I'm not gonna lie. I read a lot. I won't talk to people if I'm reading a good book. I won't sleep. Sometimes, I won't even eat until I'm done. That's how this book was for me.

The characters in this series are pretty amazing. They are all different from each other and there aren't too many stereotypes. For instance, the evil blonde cheerleader character gets old fast. She was not in this book. The teachers who turn a blind eye to everything? They weren't here either. And it was pretty refreshing to hear that the main character played tennis. I'm not a big tennis fan, but a change in sports was welcomed. It's always football or soccer or lacrosse. But not in this book.

The action events were happening. Word. Just kidding. But, seriously. There were lots of action scenes, but not so many that there were no character developments or times to catch your breath. Although, there were some confrontations that I personally felt could have been avoided. But, they didn't subtract too much from the storyline.

What I didn't like.
There is definitely going to be another one in the series. I had kind of gotten in a mindset that this was a standalone book...until I read the last page. Don't get me wrong, I want there to be another book, since I felt like a lot more could still be done. But, seriously? It won't be out until this time next year most likely. Bummer.
And Colt. Colt, oh Colt. He was a pretty great character except for he was kind of creepyish. Kudos to our main girl Ashline for seeing a random pretty face in all sorts of weird places and not running away. Honestly, I would have been a little suspicious of a guy like him...especially in a bar...and in this day and age. But, maybe that's just me.

All in all, it was a pretty cool book. Definitely read some and then if you're like me and aren't immediately hooked, just give it some time.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account