Plot

N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
What to say? I didn't love it, but I did like it, but not enough to really be invested in the sequel(to be honest I am so tired of books with sequels! Can't there just be one and be done with it!).

There were some really unrealistic parts in it, not in the sense that it's fantasy and made up and all that, but in the sense that things wouldn't work like that in general, fantasy world or not. They kind of annoyed me at the time, but now I can't even think of an example so they must not have been too overbearingly annoying.

I also didn't like how the story jumped around so much without explanation. It pulled me out of the story and left me bored and confused. A lot of small things that should have been explained weren't, that made it difficult to follow as well. Also, the book was slow. There were a lot of parts that seemed unneeded and boring that should have just been left out or cut down upon. It took me a really long time to finish Wildefire because of that. When I came to those parts I'd take a break and read another book that was more interesting. However, the parts that were not boring were really interesting and I enjoyed a lot.

Also, political correctness annoys me. Especially when it is thrown into the book for absolutely no reason but to spout it off. And there were two instances of that in Wildefire that were totally unnecessary additions. So that made me like the book a little less, but not a lot because they were quite small and I just tried to ignore it.

I did however really like the characters, which surprised me because I didn't think that would happen, considering they all annoyed me a lot in the beginning, but they grew on me. I also liked how real they felt they weren't over dramatic and they didn't take themselves too seriously, and it was just refreshing and fun to read about characters that are very down to earth and fun.

I also really liked the mythology of it, how the author used mythologies that weren't mainstream, like Greek and Roman and such. He used little known ones that were just as interesting and fun to learn about.

So did I love it? No. Did I hate it? No. Do I want to read the sequel? If it's free or at the library.
Good Points
Neat characters.
Mythology used was unique.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account