Plot

N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
As with so many other young adult paranormal books I expected it to be on the shallow end but it really wasn’t. This had a gritter feel to it and wasn’t just about someone falling in love with someone else. There is a plot behind the attractions and there are actual consequences to their actions.

I really like the change in pace with the use of the Fae court and it’s fairly original in storyline. The different type of Fae are really interesting to read about and pretty fun to try and visualize. I was a little surprised with the level of sexual content at first though, not entirely use to that in “young adult” novels, so that is something to be noted before reading this book. It’s not overwhelming and it’s in the right moments but there is a fair amount of sexual tension. Rating aside it is an interesting storyline with a likable and strong female lead, as well as likable men to compliment her. There is a “love triangle” of sorts but it’s not the typical one so that doesn’t become too annoying either. Keenan is an interesting male interest and his situation isn’t typical, I also like the fact that just because he’s attractive and interested doesn’t mean that the girl will automatically fall in love with him and plan out their future. Seth is I suppose the typical ‘bad boy’ interest in the story, though he wasn’t so caught up in being a rebel that he didn’t have his depth. I was also pleased with the way that it ended, a little surprised at the lack of a cliff hanger since series typically thrive on them but I’m kind of glad she didn’t add one because I have enough to read at the moment without feeling like I’m missing out on something. Some parts were a little see through in the plot but it didn’t really detract from the interest level. I did find it a bit stereotypical that with the type of the school she was in that her and her friends were the typical “bad” girls, but that wasn’t a huge part of the story so it’s fine.

Overall really good book though and I look forward to reading the next one. I do recommend this, but if you are looking for something for younger teens I’d check out the level of sexual content first and see if you are comfortable with it.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account