Plot

N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
This is kind of hard to review because I both liked and did not like Waterfell. It has a lot of YA clichés and they ended up grating on my nerves. Clichés aside though it's really good. First lets talk about Nerissa. (Yes all the Aquarathi characters have names like that. I understand that they would have different names from us because they aren't human but their language consists of dolphin like clicks. I don't see how they can translate clicks into English and since she's hiding out in the human world why would they use their real names? It seems like an obvious way for Ehmora, the villain of the story, to find Nerissa.) Anyway about Nerissa, I liked her and connected with her fairly well, except for when it came to her love life, which unfortunately was most of the book. Nerissa has a supposedly best friend named Speio who's a guy. I say supposedly because she totally mistreats him through the whole book but from what she thinks about how their friendship was like before they started hating each other. Now he's not meant to be a love interest. There is no love triangle. It's just I want him to be the love interest because I like him more then Lo. Lo (short for Lotharius) is so annoying and arrogant. How can she be attracted to this guy! He sort of grew on me because of what he did in the last fifty pages or so. But for the three hundred pages up until then I kind of hated him. I saw no reason for her to be so into him so fast. It was like "What? When did that happen? You've said like five sentences to the guy?". There is definitely instalove. So if you have a problem with that beware! There is going to be a sequel so he may be able to redeem himself but I'm not sure. Ok so that's all the major problems I had lets talk about what I enjoyed like the friendship between Nerissa and Jenna! Sometimes in YA, friendships get overshadowed by the romance but in Waterfell Jenna is very important to Nerissa. I really loved the moments when they were together. I also loved the Aquarathin aspects of the story. Nerissa was not in her Aquarathin form nearly enough for me. There were I think four times when she transformed and they were much to short. Something I would like to note is that while the ending was satisfying to me, I can see it annoying some people. Also a few of the twists are a bit obvious however if you don't see them coming they are quite fascinating.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account