Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
Reader reviewed by Veronica

Wake         

A young girl that gets trapped in other peoples dreams falls into a nightmare like no other she has never experienced before. Young Janie alone, and scared in other peoples dreams can not take it anymore. Another thing that just doesnt help with the situation is that Janie can not tell anybody about her problem because they would think that she must be crazy and making up lies which arent good for her at all .Wake is the type of book that you can not put it down for one second. It has mystery in it, which most people enjoy because it keeps you thinking, about whats going to happen next.  

The way this book was formatted was another thing that made me enjoy it even more. The set-up of it being in diary formation made it more interesting, even by putting the times, dates, and places because it wasnt set-up to be like any other type of book. Because its set-up like this it makes the young readers more interested because its not set up like a normal boring book would be like. But sometimes the format of the book could be kind of confusing because it would switch from different times in the story either its from the past or the present time, which was confusing because sometimes you would have to re read what happened from what you red previous to what you just read.  So in this book you would have to pay really close attention to because its the type of book you would get lost on because of the time of book changes constantly through out the story. 

Wake leaves you with confusion after every chapter, making you want to keep reading to know what happens next and then so on, it leaves a mystery behind, which makes the book so much more interesting. The story line in this book is so unique and different which makes the book perfect for young teenage readers. Her writing style had a good flow as well that just kept them interested every bit of the story. She made the storyline of the book as interesting as the main character in it. Janie was a unique and interesting character; she was a good representation for a teenager, which made it seem realistic.  

I recommend this book to many young teenage readers because it has tons of mystery and excitement in the book. I think young girl readers would appreciate this book a bit more than boys would because it has more of a girl background to it. I also like how they put a sequel to this book, so that you could read on to what happened. Get ready for some more excitement coming your way!!!!

Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account