N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
Reader reviewed by brenna

Wake is a book about a teenage girl who has the power to get sucked into other peoples dreams while they sleep near her. Although some people would love the ability to see into the subconscious mind of others, Janie views it as a curse that she can never give back to wherever it came from. Her gift leads her down many conflicting paths and makes her ask questions that no one knows the answers to; it makes her look inside herself and underneath the surface of other. Although she may find some things that she doesnt agree with or exactly understand, they help her in the long run and help understand how the mind of the world works. She experiences hard ships and confusion, but with the help of unexpected friends, she figures out how to deal with what she thinks is a burden. This book includes graphic dreams and intense realities, but it relates to the lives of many teens and young adults in our time.

In my opinion, the author hit it right on the bulls eye. I liked the book because it gave me an inside look into something that I am really interested in knowing more about: dreams. In this book dreams are more like reoccurring nightmares that Janie gets sucked into. I believe that the author wrote the dreams to be so intense so that the reader would feel the suspense and the curiosity the characters have in the book. I also like the more romantic side of the book; it shows that books can have more than one side other than just having mystery or suspense. Having more than one aspect of reading genres helped me relate to the book better verses how it would be if it was just one genre. When the author puts in the twist, that I think basically makes the book better, it helps the reader get some unanswered questions, answered. I really liked this book because there was so many things that I could understand and I loved how when the author described the dreams, you felt as if you were in the dream yourself; that skill, I find, is hard to see in modern young adult books. I think Wake is a book I would easily want to read again.

I think teens would enjoy this book because it has some aspects in it that relate to some teens lives. I think they would enjoy this book because once you get into it, it is difficult to put the book down, it keeps you guessing and has a new twist at every corner. Wake, a book about dreams, troubles, love, and hate, is a great read and I think people of all ages, even beyond teens, would enjoy wake by: Lisa Mcmann.

Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account