N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
Reader reviewed by MaddyV

The novel Wake, by Lisa McMann, is a story about a seventeen year old girl named Janie, who gets sucked into peoples dreams unwillingly. Janie has been living with this power since she first discovered it, and always having the burden of carrying it around, and has never been able to tell anyone about it, afraid that people would think she was a freak or just plain crazy in the head. All Janie has ever wanted was to be normal like everyone else. Cursed with a power that she never wanted in the first place, which she cant even control, and having to work long hours even on holidays, to save for college, living in a poor neighborhood, being teased at school by the popular students, and also having to live with a mother who drinks all day and night, and who barely even knows that her own daughter even exists most of the time. Janie thinks her life is officially over. Until Cabel, a boy at school steps into her life, and changes everything for her that she never thought could happen. She discovers new information and details about her powers, and now Janie gets sucked into strange nightmares that could get her caught up into events that she never planned to be in. When I got this book I thought I wouldnt like it because I havent read this type of story before. But I was really surprised when I read it. The characters in the story were very believable, and you could feel what they felt at moments, and could relate to at least one of them in your own life. Also the characters in the book were very likable, I was able to understand them, and thinking that there could be kids just like them out there, and it made me want to read it to learn more about them and to get to know what situations and life they lived and had. I was really surprised on how fast I read this book, I was flipping through page, after page, to see what would happen next, not wanting to put it down for a second, wanting to know more about the story, and trying to put everything together as I read. Once finished, I was very satisfied on how the story ended. McMann was able to make the events in the story flow very nice and smooth, and have everything come all together at the end of the book perfectly. Which I didnt feel like I was left hanging there, and I didnt feel all confused on what had just happened. In all I find this book to be great read, and will be continuing to read the rest of the series. I would recommend this book to any teenager to pick it up and start reading it, and I guaranty that you wont be disappointed once you open up this book up and start reading it, you will be flipping through pages, without even knowing it, and you wont be able to put the book down.

Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account