Writing Style

N/A
Plot

N/A
Characters

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
After reading and absolutely LOVING Frigid, this was an auto buy for me. I just knew that I would love this one just as much. Unfortunately that wasn't the case. Although I did indeed like it, it just didn't tickle my fancy quite like Frigid. Everything I loved about a Jennifer Armentrout book was there (swoony boy, smexy times, and some kind of mischief), but it was something that made me just shrug my shoulders over the whole thing.
And I'm thinking it was the characters. Let me rephrase that.... Character. From the beginning it was obvious that Avery was hurt by something back in the day. But the fact that it happened five years ago and she moved away was still holding on to something... Like geez, you moved so many states away, try to live a little and have fun. I hated how it seemed like she was letting the guy that hurt her take over her life. That's a big thing we need to teach girls. Even if something like that happens, don't be afraid to start over and live. Avery missed out on a lot from being so scared. But for Cam, I loved him from the very beginning. He was always a genuine, honest person who I could tell loved her from the start. And he was beyond perfect. He had Raphael and he had obviously read Harry Potter. And as for her best friends, I loved Jacob the most. He was super funny and alot of the times said things that I was actually thinking.
With the romance, it was good, but it wasn't what I was expecting. This one has a lot more tension and only a little smexy times. (Can you tell how disappointed by this I was lol) But it was still very sweet and seemed very real. And the smexy times definitely were SMEXY! (HELLOOO shower scene lol) I loved the Thanksgiving scene when it showed that Avery was beginning to lose her hard shell. And as the book went on, I was happy to see that Cam lost his shell as well and told his own story.
Now with the story line, I wasn't that impressed. I would have loved to see more of her where she was back to her normal self. At least to get back in some dance classes. But only because I hated seeing her as someone who got their life ruined by another person. Especially since that person abused her. As I said in one of my updates, I felt like the whole time she was forgetting to live.He took something special from her but not her life and that's something to not give up hope for. I just felt like it was sending the wrong message. Don't stay quiet, stand up and fight back.
But in the end, J. Lynn is one of my favorite authors and although this wasn't my favorite work by her, I still enjoyed it.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account