Plot

N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
I didn't know what Vicious was going to be about, I rarely read synopsis, sometimes I trust the author, some others I just need key words. This time it was the former. And, oh boy, did Victoria live up to my expectations!

Vicious was different. This is the only thing I kept thinking while reading it. I don't have a meaningful experience in the field of YA/A literature but still this was nothing like I ever read before. The premise is simple: Victor and Eli are buddies and study together. One day Eli decides to understand the phenomenon of EOs. EOs are Extra-Ordinary people with special abilities whose appereance, Eli claims, is linked to their near death experiences. So he decides to create an EO himself. He experiments first on Victor and then on himself. Things are bound to go wrong. And they do. Years after that we find Eli, a self-proclaimed hero whose intent is to wipe the earth from all EOs, and Victor, who wants to kill him.

This story was chilling, brutal and at times gory. You need to sympathise with someone but everyone seems to be in the wrong. The book plays with back and forths, multiple POVs and a countdown. It manages to make the reader anxious and the suspance is almost unbeareable. The ending was a bit anticlimatic but left me with a lot of curiosity for the next instalment in this series because... what could possibly happen next?

V.E. Schwab is slowly becoming one of my favourite authors and I'm so grateful for that! I would recommend anything written by her and this book is one of them!
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account