Plot

N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
Now "The Vampire Diaries" is one of my favorite tv shows. I recently was introduced to it by my friend and I have been binge watching it for months. Recently, I discovered the show was loosely based off a book series. Usually I read the book before the adaption, but I decided to make an exception since I love this tv show so much. That was a mistake...

The book is nothing like I expected. For starters, the characters aren't even the same people as the show; and when I mean they aren't the same, I mean names, descriptions, and personalities. One character I just cannot get over is Elena. Granted, I am not a huge fan of her on the show, but I hate her even more in the book. Pardon my French, but she is a bitch. She treats people like they're minions and her one goal in life is to be with Stefan. She fixates on him and when he is eventually hers, she becomes one of those girlfriends where their boyfriends are their life. To make things even worse, when she discovers he is a vampire, she doesn't freak out like any normal human would have done. No, she tells him to drink her blood... Crazy much?

Overall, this book just made me cringe. Due to the love I have for the show that I would like to remain untainted, I will not be continuing this series.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account