Dark World Wrapped in Myths
(Updated: November 17, 2022)
Overall rating

Writing Style

Plot

Characters

Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
When Vayl pretty much loses everything, she decides to take matters into her own hands to avenge her family, especially her brother. To do so, she enlists the help of his best friend, Estin. Even though she walks a dangerous path, he's willing to stick around and help her where she needs it. While doing so, they catch feelings and a sweet romance blossoms between them. While Vayl won't stop until her she has her vengeance, she still possesses a witty nature and isn't blinded by her feelings. With magic and elves involved, Vayl risks her life with every turn in her path, but she stays courageous and faces them with her head high.

VALOR is a fast-paced fantasy with a strong female lead who doesn't bend no matter what life throws at her. Vayl is an admirable character and I love how she can push through each and every challenge. The world-building is enthralling and wrapped in mythology that readers won't be able to get enough of. It's an easy read with an ending that I never foresaw, but that's a good thing to me. We need a little bit of different to spice things up! The only thing is I wish we got more moments of the romance between Estin and Vayl because it's a sweet one. I love the magic and elves because it gives this book just what it needs to be in the fantasy trope, yet Casey still manages to spin a tale different from others I've read in this same trope.

Final Verdict: I would recommend this to fans of fantasy, elves, royalty, and strong female leads. Casey L. Boyd hasn't disappointed me yet and I can't wait to see what she comes out with next.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account