cute collection of poems
Overall rating

Plot

N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

VALENTINE'S DAY, HERE I COME is a cute collection of poems about the holiday. The book covers topics around valentines, gifts, foods, and love. All the poems are rhyming and illustrated with cute children. The end of the book includes a valentine that can be cut out and a sheet of stickers with characters from the book.

What I loved: The illustrations here are really cute and bring to life the holiday well. They are suited to each poem, and each poem tells a small story. Some will resonate with certain readers more than others, but they all have a great rhythm and rhyme. The book is a relatively quick read, and the topics will work best for elementary school aged readers who can understand the different types of love and why you might not like kisses or cupid. This would be a fun pick for Valentine's day to share some fun rhymes with little ones.

Final verdict: VALENTINE'S DAY, HERE I COME is a cute collection of rhyming poems about the holiday with cute and colorful illustrations. The stickers at the end will add to the fun for elementary school aged readers.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account