Plot

N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
I really enjoyed this gripping, dark, fast-paced novel by Madeline Dyer. The author is really good at creating characters with a lot of depth. I connected with Seven, the MC, right from the start. I felt her urgency, her fear, her desire to do what's right. The opening pulled me in and propelled me through the story. I had to see where she went and how things turned out.
Seven is fighting to survive in a dystopian world that's divided between two groups: people living as normal humans, and people who are enhanced via mind/body/soul altering substances. There is a war going on between them, and Seven finds herself caught in the middle.
From start to finish, this book kept me on the edge of my seat. There was rarely a calm moment as each scene seemed to catapult Seven into ever deeper danger. I was completely fascinated by the portrayal of addiction to substances that don't exist now, but very well could one day.
The romance in this novel begins as understated, and its subtle development is very well done.
If you're looking for a suspenseful dystopian read that's full of surprises, check it out!
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account