Young Adult Fiction 988
A unlikely treasure
Overall rating

Plot

Characters

Writing Style

Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
Unseelie is the story of twin sisters, one who is a changeling and her human sister. Seelie finds it very hard to fit in with the humans surrounding her; her magic is unpredictable, and she finds it challenging to interact with anyone beyond her twin. In a desperate attempt to save her parents, she and her sister flee their village and now living a life of thievery, and in a desperate attempt for a big steal, their whole lives will change.
What I liked:
Unseelie is a strong debut with fae, twins, an autistic rep, and dragons. I loved every minute of the banter between Seelie and the other characters, the unexpected things her magic did, the different types of magical creatures we encountered, and the addition of dragons.
Final Verdict:
With this being a debut, I was not sure what to expect, but this author blew me away with her descriptions, her in-depth way of making these characters feel like real people, and kept me guessing the whole way through about how things would play out. The sequel, I hope, will be as equally exciting.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account