Plot

N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
What a stunning idea, how could someone come up with such a awesome story? Uglies (normal people in my opinion) are people who haven't undergone surgery to become pretty (people who went under surgery to become stupid. Who would do that? I wouldn't!!). Tally is waiting for her birthday, the day she becomes pretty. But a few weeks until the very special day, Tally becomes friends with Shay, another Ugly. Shay tells Tally that being pretty is awful, she tries to convince her to leave, but to no avail. Shay leaves and Tally is caught up in her escape, she cannot become pretty until she finds the Smoke.

This book is full of choices, lies and hover boards, that will keep you eternally gripped in it's hold. I finished this book in one day since it was so good. I thought the cliffhanger was great, good idea Scot, great way to earn more money, you just need to know what happens.

I disliked the part where Tally volunteers to become pretty, after all that we learned about the consequences of becoming pretty. I thought that was pretty stupid (in Tally's case, not the authors, in that it was clever). I loved Shay quite a bit, but I hated it when she became pretty, and when in the Pretties book how she becomes special. She goes out of line my friends, out of line. I hope she she see the truth someday.

I recommend this book for 12+. Hopefully it will draw in more ever starving prey, like it did for me.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 1 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account