Plot

N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
I know people, that some of you are probably banging their heads on the table thinking "why?" However the question is.... have any of you actually READ the book or watched the "FILM"? Because its (mostly) true that books are better then the film.
Let's be honest here, I for one have never even heard of the book twilight; until the film came out. Even if i did see the title of the actual book (a person holding a freaking apple! i know don't judge a book by it cover) wouldn't come across my mind thats its related to vampires , not one bit.....

It all starts off in a rainy, wet, town called forks (which actually does exist.) a town i'm sure is a great place for vamps to live, but not so much for Bella, who thinks its the worst move ever; I mean who could blame her? Moving from sunny phoenix, to wet folks to live with her dad (charlie) because she wanted to let her mom and her new hubby travel because he's a baseball player. So..... she doesn't have a problemo with her step dad, let me just clarify that.

The timid Bella (which is short for Isabella) starts Forks high school! Yey!! We all know how staring a new school is like. No friends.... bullies...... nobody cares.... BUT she befriends several other characters and even gains a crush- ow how cute! Edward Cullen is a sexey vampire who is attacted to bella because he cant read her mind, which drives him crazy and he also craves her blood, and despises her which then turns to love...

i'm not going to gone on about the book because i'm all sure we know what happens next. I think why people miss judge this novel is because its kinda of diffrent from all the other vamps stories. Meyer created a knew view on vampires, which is pretty cool, it different.

“And so the lion fell in love with the lamb…" he murmured. I looked away, hiding my eyes as I thrilled to the word.
"What a stupid lamb," I sighed.
"What a sick, masochistic lion.” THIS is my favorite quote in the howl book. Its a love that's impossible, that can never work; but it did. i think thats one of the reasons why people hate the book, maybe because people think vampires should be labeled as soulless, miserable things that are only capable of making great horror series.

"Edward in the sunlight was shocking. I couldn't get used to it, though I'd been staring at him all afternoon. His skin, white despite the faint flush from yesterday's hunting trip, literally sparkled, like thousands of tiny diamonds were embedded in the surface."
I think we all should that traditionally vampires don't go out in the sun, because they will simply be destroyed. However Meyer creates a new label for the creatures....they sparkle, and of course to (mainly at men) find it kind of weak that these super beings sparkle and give up.

For all those Buffy fans, or Dracula fans out there know that vampires crave on human blood as the price of there immortality, but Meyer brings vampires to the 21st century because the Cullen's (Edwards family.) are vegetarians. No people they don't eat vegetables, they drink animals blood.

I like Meyers mix of romance and vampires its different, like a breath of fresh air. If people kept sticking to traditional vampires without twisting the myth into there own creation people will then get bored because the story will end up predictable.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 2 1

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account