N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
Reader reviewed by Moonymaster

This book wasn't great. There were major plot holes as well as annoyingly perfect characters. But I am not going to go as far as some of the really hardcore Twilight haters who absolutely bash this book time and time again. Although this wasn't a great book I will admit it did appeal to my teenage girl side. I will even go as far as to say that it was slightly, ever so slightly, even enjoyable to read at times. Yes, the story telling got very annoying at times and for large portions of the plot it was just two people lusting for each other, but it wasn't exactly hard for me to read. It wasn't terrible to the point where my brain actually started to melt and I had to stop reading for my own sanity. It was an okay book, simple as that. And the reason for its ridiculous popularity is because look at the fan base. I am going to guess and say that 99.999% of Twilight fanatics are teenage girls. Why? Because, as I said before, this book appeals to the teenage girl in all of us.
This book does have a somewhat interesting story line. Girl loves boy and boy loves girl back, but boy also wants to suck girls blood. I read through this book fairly quickly and even though many say that the climax at the end of the book was a horrible plot device, I still found myself turning the pages to see what would happen next. Yes, I feel that it was a complete copy of other books such as Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix when Voldemort tricks Harry to walk into a trap just as James did with Bella. But I still found it amusing. Its an easy read that lets you escape into a heated romance. No, I am not going to leave this book with any moral values to question or some well thought out question about life and what it means, but i will leave this book feeling kinda giddy for no apparent reason.

Twilight is neither the next Lord of the Rings nor the worst book ever written. It is a nice romance that lets its readers be washed away into another world with a really Hott vampire. =)

Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account