Plot

N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
What worked: I loved this sequel to TOKYO EVER AFTER. Izumi is endearing, hilarious, and someone I would love to be my BFF.

In TOKYO DREAMING readers find that HIH Princess Izumi is still trying to fit in with royal life. Her 'Shining Twin' cousins still are a thorn at her side; she struggles on whether or not to take a gap year or go straight to college, and then there's the whole frowned upon romance with former bodyguard Akio.

Add her scheme to get her parents back together and you have one hilarious, engaging story!

Great pacing throughout. I love the descriptions of the royal court and what's expected of someone who is a Princess. There's also a love triangle which isn't the stereotypical one.

There's new characters such as Eriku Nakamura, heir to the Nakamura shipping dynasty, who tutors her to get into the University of Tokyo; Reina her every diligent bodyguard; and Mom-chan, an adorable Saint Bernard dog. Plus, readers get a glimpse of the behind scenes of what's involved in being a part of Japanese royalty.

Throughout, Izumi goes on a journey to find her true self with more than a few hilarious bumps along the way.

Princess Diaries meets Crazy Rich Asians, Izumi's life in the Japanese Imperial Court is one filled with discoveries, joy, and is sure to bring a smile to readers' faces.
Good Points
1. Princess Diaries meets Crazy Rich Asians
2. Fun, entertaining
3. Izumi is hilarious
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account