Plot

N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
I read Hourglass, the predecessor to Timepiece, and loved it. I knew the point of view was going to change from Emerson to Kaleb in Timepiece, and I wasn't so sure how I felt about the switch. I kept an open mind as I read Timepiece. I didn't love Timepiece; I LOVED it! It was an incredibly entertaining read! I anxiously await the release of the third book in the series! Myra McEntire is a phenomenal writer!!!

Good Points
I love the witty banter between Kaleb and Lily. I am not much of a laugh out loud person and I actually laughed out loud numerous times while reading this book! The more I read, the more I wished that I actually knew Myra McEntire and could have her witty banter in my life. Kaleb is so real, so like a normal dude that you can't help but love him and want things to work out for him. The switch to Kaleb's point of view was actually a brilliant move. Now the readers know what everyone is feeling - not just what they are saying. I was attached to Emerson, but through Kaleb, she was still coming through loud and clear.

It wasn't just the characters that made me adore Timepiece. The plot just keeps coming at you. So much so that I had a hard time putting the book down in order to tend to my children. I literally walked from room to room with my head in the book. Just when I thought I could take a break, something else would happen and I would have to keep reading to find out the results. The timing of the book is fantastic!
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account