Plot

N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
Last year I could not wait to read 'Hourglass' by Myra McEntire, and she did not disappoint. I was anxiously awaiting the sequel, 'Timepiece', and when it came up on netgally to read/review, I swooped in (after waiting a few hours because the fans requesting the book were crashing the site!), to request this book. I was so delighted when I finally received the book via my Kindle and could get to reading. I could NOT put the book down.

First of all, the book is from Kaleb's POV. Yes, Kaleb's POV...did I mention Kaleb? :) Myra does a fantastic job of telling Kaleb's story and bringing his character to life. I'm sure it's not easy to write from a male POV, especially a teenage one, but she pulls it off flawlessly. Not only is Kaleb a complex character, but he is likable. Really likable. I was a bit leery when I first heard that this book would be from Kaleb's POV, because I've been burned before with male POV, but oh my goodness, it was so good. I was hooked from the first line; "Maybe getting drunk and dressing up like a pirate for the masquerade was a bad idea." *snort* Oh Kaleb. After that first line, it only gets better.

I can honestly say that I loved 'Timepiece' more than I loved 'Hourglass'. Yes, I loved the sequel more than the first book, and that's saying something since I absolutely loved 'Hourglass'. This book kept me on the edge of my seat in suspense, made me laugh out loud, made me want more and more, and overall told a ridiculously GOOD story. Myra McEntire is a genius. And she somehow makes the whole time travel aspect believable and easy to understand. How does she do that? Duh, like I said, she's a genius.

If you loved 'Hourglass' then you must read 'Timepiece'. You will not disappointed. Especially if you enjoyed the Kaleb scenes, *cough* apron scene *cough*. And don't worry, there is still plenty of Em & Michael, too, so you won't miss them too much. Kaleb more than makes up for their absence, trust me.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account