Plot

N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
Kaleb Ballard flirts, drinks, and self-destructs his way through life, and who could blame him? His mother is in a coma, thanks to Jack Landers, his father recently came back from the dead, but their relationship is strained, and if Kaleb doesn't do something to dull his empathetic abilities, he gets an unending stream of everyone's most private emotions running straight into his brain.

But when Jack returns and the damage to the space-time continuum grows, a mysterious (and dangerous) organization threatens the Hourglass teens with unthinkable consequences if they can't find Jack and make things right. Kaleb chooses to step up to the plate.

I can't give away any other details without spoilers because this plot is a tightly woven gem full of twists and the kind of surprises that leave you gasping for breath as you frantically turn the page to see what happens next. I was kept on the edge of my seat the entire time.

The character and emotional arcs are just as polished and lovely as the plot. I love, love, LOVE Kaleb's voice. I mean love like ... maybe I'd even trade every pair of stilettos I own just for the chance to have lunch with him. The journey past the flirty Kaleb and deep into the damaged, self-destructive Kaleb is riveting, and I found myself cheering him on because I really wanted him to get his happily ever after.

The worldbuilding and setting are just as suberbly handled in TIMEPIECE as they were in HOURGLASS. I felt like I was living inside the story, and I appreciate that the physics Myra uses to support her time travel abilities is based on real science. I bought the premise of this book from the very first word.

TIMEPIECE is a heart-pounding thrill ride full of humor, emotional insight, and a heaping dose of heart. I highly recommend it.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 2 0

Comments

1 results - showing 1 - 1
Ordering
Already have an account? or Create an account
April 30, 2012
I totally agree with you. TIMEPIECE feels real and I instantly felt a part of the story.
1 results - showing 1 - 1