Plot

N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
I had high hopes for this book. This is a cliché, but I really wanted to enjoy Timeless, you guys don't have any idea how much I wanted to. This is my type of thing, too: To travel back in time. That's what Michele Windsor can do. But before I get into all of that, I need to finish writing my disappointment.

I picked up this book, not only because of this gorgeous cover, but from the positive reviews and the description. The first few pages started off with a great kick: She dreams about seeing herself in a mirror; only, her reflection just stares back at her without following Michele. Then a handsome boy appears with piercing sapphire eyes and says, 'I'm waiting for you.' Now Michele has been dreaming about Mystery Boy for a very long time, he haunts her pleasantly. My curiosity and expectations were extremely high after reading the first few pages.

It continued to meet my expectations until she had to move into her grandparents' mansion located in New York City due to a terrible lost (view spoiler). There, she has to follow the Windsor's tradition (with them being an elite family for a century and all). She feels helpless and lonely for having to leave her best friends behind. Michele looks around the old Victorian mansion and finds a journal. But this isn't any old boring journal, it makes her travel back to 1910 to discover things that would change her life for ever.

Y'all would think it'd be great, but it's not. Everything started going downhill. Despite the author's amazing taste in music, the interesting characters; as well as her plot/storyline, it just didn't captivate me. The insta-love was a complete fail and I hate how Michele drops her old best friends. She barely spoke to them; for some reason, it bothers me. The reason I am giving this three stars is because this wasn't a complete waste of my time, it really wasn't. The writing was excellent, and the ending was interesting and I'm looking forward to reading the second book in hopes that it will be better than the first.

This book had me thinking a lot, though. Pages 170-171 Caissie talked about travelling through time. I'm the type that sucks up anything from reading a book that has something to do with what interests me, so reading about that.... What if you could travel back -- or forward -- in Time? I have so many things I'd want to do/change.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account