Plot

N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
I’ll be the first to admit that I scare easily. Almost any small spooky thing will set my heart racing and my imagination running even faster. The same feeling I get when I’m about to do something dangerous or spontaneous or wild. (I guess that says a lot about me).

At 23 years old, I am terrified yet fascinated by the dark. I’m spooked by needles, but I will watch it carefully enter my vein every time I give blood. I only do scary movies in the daytime.

But still, even in the middle of the scary movie or the second a strange sound comes from my closet, I’m curious. I love it. But I hate it.

Thirteen Chairs gives me the same feeling. Each story a spine chilling, thoughtful goosebump fest. (It’s like the NoSleep subReddit for younger people). Short stories to make you think and read faster and anticipate the disturbing end.

Stories of deceit, revenge, karma, curiosity, and unfortunate circumstances. Chock full of spooky houses, rogue animals, haunted trees, and one story so clever that R.L. Stine would be proud.

I loved how it all wrapped up and how it doesn’t really seem to end at the same time. I loved that each story had a different voice, and that came across beautifully in the writing.

This is the kind of horror I like. Old fashioned. Not that Saw drama.

If you’re a fan of being spooked. If you like Goosebumps. If you remember that show that played late at night on Nickelodeon called Are You Afraid of the Dark?. Pick Thirteen Chairs up and take a seat. You’re in for a thrill.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account