Plot

N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
I’ll be honest and say that, even though this is the fifth book in the Wedding Planner’s Daughter series, it’s the first book that I’ve actually read from the series. While I felt it was implied that you should already know some of the characters, there was never a moment where I felt lost so I think it’s safe to say that this could be read as a stand-alone.

To start, Willa seems like a very dynamic and fun character. She has heart and a voracious love for books, which makes her a character that’s easy to relate to. However, what I couldn’t relate to was how immature she read in parts of the books. It seems as though she’s very smart, but she doesn’t always make the best or wisest decisions. The dialogue also felt a bit choppy to me, which is some senses took away from the story.

I also have to say that the story seemed to drag in some places, yet still felt like too short of a read for everything that was going on. Maybe this is a fault on my own because I might be missing something from the first four books, but I think it’s more of just trying to put too many things in one story.

For a middle-grade read, I think this would be a story that would be well enjoyed by many. However, for the older age group, I felt this story may be translated much like a Britney Spears music video - there’s a ton of name dropping and product placement, yet not enough content to feel like a complete story.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 1

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account