Plot

N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
I was excited to pick up the sequel in The Archived series. The Archived was one of those books that stuck with me long after I closed the book and I was looking forward to whatever Victoria Schwab had in store for readers in The Unbound.

What I loved: Victoria Schwab has a way of entangling me in her rich and vivid world-building and I find myself reading for hours without noticing any time has gone by. The Unbound is just the right amount of suspense and scary for me. The story flows effortlessly through Mackenzie Bishop's crazy world. Readers will get a bigger glimpse into who Mackenzie is and the pain and struggles she feels on a daily basis.

Mackenzie impresses me in so many ways--the biggest way is probably her determination. She's faced with many challenges and meets each one head on. Mackenzie is great on her own but throw in Wesley Ayers and these two make quite the team. Wesley and Mackenzie compliment each other's strengths and don't capitalize on their weaknesses. These two have a special relationship and have each other's best interests at heart.

The Unbound is the best kind of sequel. The story picks up right where The Archived left off. There is never any down time and every event and scene is important and vital to the outcome of the story. The ending is satisfying but devoted readers will most certainly want more Mackenzie and Wesley stories. Who wouldn't want to know about mysterious Wesley?

What left me wanting more: Nothing, this hit the mark in every possible way.

Final Verdict: You won't regret diving into the world of The Archived.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 1 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account