Plot

N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
Not going to lie, I was not expecting much from this book. First off, its a spin off of a very popular YA series that I haven't read yet. I barely knew much about it besides the fact that the girl's name was Jessica Darling. In other words, I was scared of all the hype.
But fortunately, I didn't really need to worry. From the very beginning this book was hilarious and super realistic. For it to be a MG I was lost in its pages. What made it even better for me was the way I could relate to it. See I'm a middle sister, and my older "sister" (she's my god sister but my mom basically adopted her) just turned 40 and I'm just 24. I only vaguely remembered my sister being around and when I was starting middle school and high school I didn't have anyone to help me either. I also have a little sister who's about to turn 18 in Oct and I feel like I missed her most pivotal years because I was away in college. This book definitely shows the real relationship between a girl and her older sister. It doesn't feel fake or over exaggerated in any way.
As you can tell by the quotes, you can see that this book is also HILARIOUS. One of the main reasons I love MG's is because they are so funny and light and fluffy. They can get me out of a funk like no other age group. And this one was no different. I laughed out loud many times and had people giving me some weird looks, but I didn't care. It was such a great story.
Overall, I was really impressed with this MG novel. The truth it held and the humorous situations were just what I needed to give me a good light and fluffy read before all the dark stuff I plan to read for Halloween! It also opened my eyes to McCafferty's writing. I will be reading the YA Jessica Darling series as soon as I can get my hands on it!
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account