Plot

N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
I honestly had a lot of mixed emotions with this book. In some ways I loved it, but in other ways I didn't. In some ways I could absolutely connect with the main character while in other ways I wanted to shake her a couple of times.
To me, the best thing about the story was Logan. I LOVED him. He brought out (in my opinion) Maddie's best side. He was always himself and taught Maddie to be ok and comfortable in her own skin. Anyone that can bring out the best in someone is always worth it.
I liked Maddie because she was in some ways like me. When I first started blogging, I was embarrassed for anyone to know that not only was I blogging about books, I was blogging about YA books. I even kept it from my boyfriend, so I know all about the hiding from people you love. But just like Maddie I learned that not everyone will always accept you, you have to do what makes you happy. I can also relate to all her fandoms, love of reading, and the smelling of fresh book pages. This part was portrayed almost perfectly.
Which bring me to my next point. This was a very quick read, but I fear that it was too quick for me. I admit I don't like a lot of fluff (too many details) when I read, but not having enough is a problem for me too. I found myself flying through the book, but not really having an emotional connect to it. But I did like it enough to finish the story.
This was a great coming of age novel. Maddie learns not only who she is, but who her friends, family, and new boyfriend are as well.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account