Plot

N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
I know what you’re thinking, two people meet and fall in love within 24 hours?! That’s so unrealistic and cliched. But Jennifer does an amazing job at creating Hadley and Oliver’s love story, you can’t help but fall for them. They definitely didn’t fall in love instantly, although there was the initial physical attraction. I love that Jennifer plays the minutes within 24 hours so well, you can see easily see and appreciate how these two complete strangers could fall in love. A random mistake here, a kind gesture there, and hours of conversation and key moments sparked a true connection.

You should know that the story isn’t all about Hadley and Oliver. Jennifer delves into Hadley’s background a lot and talks about the disaster of her parent’s divorce, her relationship with her father, and how Hadley has to come to grips with the fact that everyone is better off now. Her relationship with her father plays a key role in Hadley’s ability to believe in love and Jennifer incorporates that into the story well. This isn’t just a story about a guy and a girl falling in love, it’s about a girl learning to believe in love and marriage and understanding the importance of relationships and people in her life, whether its family, friends, or lovers. There are a lot of flashbacks into Hadley’s past as she tries to make sense of how her father could just leave her and her mother and fall in love with someone else. But you also get to learn a bit about Oliver too, which isn’t at all what I expected. The secondary characters were great too. I especially loved this woman named Victoria who, although doesn’t play a key role, was still very funny and memorable.

Jennifer paints a delightful and adorable picture of love and relationships in this story and it’s such a quick read too. I easily finished it in one sitting and didn’t find a dull moment in it at all. Although not an epic love story by any means, it plays with the idea of fate and romance that we all like to believe in and I enjoyed reading this book so much. Definitely pick it up when you get the chance!
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account