Review Detail

This super cool book was a delight for my inner science geek!
Overall rating

Writing Style

Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

Learning Value

Seriously, this book is huge and gorgeous on a creative level, and a treasure trove of knowledge on an academic level. A perfect introduction to physics at any age, The Speed of Starlight is a wonderful gateway to foster a lifelong interest in science. The reason? It explains key scientific principles in a way that does not “dumb down” the science, but still makes it easy to understand.
Topics are broken down into four categories: Physics, Sound, Light and Color, and Space. I enjoyed the section “Inside the Atom”, as well as the map noting the loudest “Noises of the World.” The author gives us a great look at “Splitting the Rainbow” and a really cool section on “Dark Matter” that explains how the study of Physics never ends as new things are discovered all the time and certain mysteries of the universe still haven’t been solved.
I would recommend this book to anyone with an interest in science, particularly to science-minded parents who want to instill that love of science with their children. This book will provide hours of talking and learning points for kids of all ages. (And for some non-kids, like me, who need a refresher on the basics)
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account

Latest Additions