Plot

N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
I expected to like The Selection but I didn't expect to love it. I'm a sucker for a good fairy tale and also reality tv, (I know) so The Selection was a great book fit for me. Even though this is a dystopian, it isn't TOO dystopian which was refreshing. The caste system that Kiera Cass created doesn't seem that unbelievable which made the story easy to follow.

I loved the natural chemistry between America and Prince Maxon. The reader can tell almost instantly that Maxon is falling for America and it was fun to see her attitude and feelings towards him change. America went into the Selection not even wanting to be there and we gradually see her come around to trust him as a friend and then even get a little jealous when the other girls talk about their time with him.

I'm going to be honest and say that I didn't really do my research on this book before I read it. I saw the word trilogy but it didn't register, I expected the story to be tied up in a neat little bow. I want America to choose Maxon, and I was beginning to wonder if she would end up going back to Aspen and then BAM it was over! I think I might have actually shouted NO! Because I must know what happens and I hope she chooses Maxon. Not just because he is a prince but I really like the two of them together.

I'm really interested to see how this story plays out. I want to see what happens with the rebels and learn more about the other Selected girls in the house. I hope the story keeps the romantic aspect even with the fighting and conflict from the rebels. The actual Selection process is the reason I was interested in this book to begin with.

If you aren't a huge fan of dystopian novels don't let that discourage you from The Selection. Like I said, the caste system is easy to follow along with and everything still seems real.
Good Points
A fun take on the dystopian genre
Gorgeous cover
Report this review Was this review helpful? 2 0

Comments

3 results - showing 1 - 3
Ordering
Already have an account? or Create an account
May 25, 2012
I agree, Claire. I wasn't expecting to enjoy The Selection as much as I did. I also really hope she ends up with Maxon, not Aspen.
April 10, 2013
Thanks foe the awesome review, I cant wait till i get my hands on it.
April 10, 2013
In reply to an earlier comment

I hope you enjoy it! :)
3 results - showing 1 - 3