Plot

N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
The Selection by Kiera Cass, wow, what a book. The Selection is the perfect example of how a dystopian should be done. It was hands down the best dystopian I have ever read, and I loved every moment of it. One marvelous debut from Kiera Cass.

The world Kiera Cass has crafted was just magical and I was swept up in it in an instant. I loved every moment of it - I loved that America was from the caste that was artists.

The plot was so fun. I mean, what girl hasn't dreamed of having a chance at being a princess? This is exactly the chance America and 34 other girls are handed.. There is such a romance and magic to the plot, while Kiera Cass shakes it up adding in a caste system, frightening rebels, and a heaping amount of drama. The entire book was so intense - I was hanging on every word wanting to

Maxon, oh my, he is one heck of a prince. The chemistry between him and America was absolutely adorable. I have heard some people having trouble choosing between him and Aspen, and I can firmly announce I am a Maxon girl. Marlee was such a sweetheart. I really hope to see more of Adele in book 2, as she was a hoot. I loved that America was such a strong heroine and stayed true to her spunky old self. The Selection has such a wonderful cast of characters and I just loved seeing them all change and grow throughout the book.

The ending was my least favorite part of The Selection, as I was so caught up in the story and I was so sad to see it end. I don't want to have to wait for more story. I have already begun my countdown to book 2, as The Selection ends with one heck of an ending. The book reached this ultimate high, and ends like that.

This is the dystopian for people who don't like dystopians. I rarely like them, and it has been ages since I have loved one as much as I loved The Selection. Kiera Cass is such a talented writer, and I really cannot wait for see what will be next for her. This is a book I will press into the hands of everyone I know, as it was truly magical.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 2 0

Comments

1 results - showing 1 - 1
Ordering
Already have an account? or Create an account
May 04, 2013
Maxon all the way. I would want Marlee as my friend
1 results - showing 1 - 1