Plot

N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
I love The Rules by Stacey Kade, it has everything I love in a YA book plus so much more. The Rules is full of twists and turns, romance (not the insta-love kind), emotion, aliens (sort of), and adventure.

The Plot

Ariane is not human, not fully, she’s a human/extraterrestrial hybrid. Made in a genetics lab where she was tested, isolated, and trained until a security guard stole her away. And after 10 years of hiding, Ariane knows the rules her ‘father’ has in place are to protect her and keep her safe.

Rules are made to be broken...

When Ariane’s only friend gets targeted by the school queen/bully Rachel, she knows she should keep her head down and follow the rules. However, Ariane can’t take much more of Rachel’s behavior and when Zane, the police chief’s son, comes to her with a deal to get even she can’t pass it up.

What I Thought

I learned about this book through the first reads giveaways. When I saw the cover I was like “meh” but I read the plot and was intrigued. I love YA novels and aliens are always a plus. So I entered to win and was lucky enough to receive a copy. I started reading and finished the book a few hours later. I couldn’t put it down. Stacey Kade successfully sucked me into her world and took me for a ride. Her writing style is mature with sentences that grabbed my attention. Ariane and Zane were characters I grew fond of; they were flawed, cute together, and behaved like normal teenagers (if you overlook the whole alien-raised in a lab thing).

Towards the end of the book Stacey surprised me with a couple twists that I did not see coming (good job). I even got a little emotional for Ariane and all that she went through. I like the ending and can’t wait to see the adventures Ariane and Zane encounter in The Hunt.

I recommend for anyone who loves YA novels, aliens, young love, and an interesting read.

Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account