Review Detail

Unique Christmas Folktale
Overall rating

Plot

Characters

Writing Style

Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

When the Christmas Witch wakes up after years and years of sleeping, she discovers that much has changed both with the world and with herself. Kristtörn discovers that her hair has turned white from the eyes and her eyes have changed in color. As she emerges, she finds out that her brother no longer does Christmas, so where is she? As she sets of to find him, it's with hate and vengeance in her heart. But she's surprised to find new friends and a bit of herself in the process. Because you can't have Christmas without Santa and sometimes anger isn't always the answer.

THE RETURN OF THE CHRISTMAS WITCH is a dark and original Christmas story for children to read beside a fire while drinking hot chocolate. While this one is darker than the first one, I liked it just as much. The illustrations are beautiful and I love the darker color scheme. It's nice to see Kristtörn bond with someone and take a twist to help instead of hurt.

Final Verdict: In a dark twist, the Christmas Witch returns and makes for a magical and original Christmas folktale. I would recommend this to fans of magic and holiday stories. It's also great for parents who want to expose their children to unique and different Christmas stories when compared to the traditional ones.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account