Review Detail

Young Adult Fiction 302
Mara's Revenge. On everyone, apparently.
Overall rating

Plot

N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
Sidenote to anyone wanting to listen to this on Audiobook, it is voiced by Christy Romano aka Ren Stevens from Even Stevens. And the voice of Kim Possible. And if you’re like me, this was a very distracting detail.

I remember reading The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer and being completely swept up in it all.

The paranormal aspect.
Mara’s families past.
The romance.
The slightly unreliable narrative of Mara.
Noah and his accent and dirty poems.
Jamie.

I recommended it to anyone who cared to listen. I feverishly download the ecopy of the second book to my Kindle the minute it was released. I got sucked into the world of Noah and Mara fanfiction on Tumblr. (not a pretty place. Not recommended). Truth be told, I was in love.

I’ve read very few books since then that have had the same impact on me. And having this series end is something I prayed for just as much as I never wanted to see it happen.

The cliffhanger on The Evolution of Mara Dyer was a killer and being that I read that back in 2013, it took a while to submerse myself back into this world.

But, around 15% into my audiobook, I was there. It all came back to me and I was prepared for a thrill of a conclusion.

Did I get a thrill? Yes.

But, I feel like I didn’t get the full ending I deserved. It felt rushed and random.

So much is going on. Yet, so much isn’t. It’s the same thing repeating itself until I was just left confused, but relived. It ended well, but it was lacking.

The Retribution of Mara Dyer is exactly that. But who exactly she is getting revenge on, I have no idea.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account