Plot

N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
I love this book! I love the humor and the real emotions underneath it. I love how the author managed to conceal them so it won't be depressing without removing its effect. I love the story and I definitely love the characters.

Devan meeting her mother for the first time made me anxious about the future relationship they will have. As someone who is close with her mother, I really wished hard that this would all work out for them. There were a hints of longing on Devan and her mom but because of the unfamiliarity, they both welcomed these with uneasiness.

Devan was a character I can't see myself as to but definitely enjoyed reading. I understand her feelings, even her animosity towards her mother and father. She faced both situations at home and at school with her head high but with some doubts inside. I love how she's so into musicals and how passionate she is. She was also that loyal and trustworthy friend you'd definitely love to have around.

Reece was a puzzle to me at first. I keep wondering about her age at the beginning because she acts and talks younger that I've expected. She even dresses the way teenagers do. I love that she tries to make Devan feel that she loves her in subtle ways that doesn't go against her personality of being not showy. And based on Devan's stories, I really appreciated how she supports her daughter about her passion more than what her father did. I wish we got to know more about why he was like that to her though.

What others said about this book was definitely true. It was moving, heartbreaking but the good kind. It was half serious and not, and the author mixed both amazingly. This is the kind of books that makes you feel minus the depressing thoughts and tears.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account