Plot

N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
There are many reasons I pick up a book 1)the synopsis sounds intriguing, 2)the author has intrigued me before, 3) the cover art is intriguing, and in this case 4) the title sounded intriguing. So that's the reason I picked this book up. Before I started reading, I didn't read the synopsis, but I did recognize the author.

The Raven Boys is one of those books that you start off reading and then are only mildly interested in reading for the first part. The Raven Boys is a complicated murder mystery/ folklore/ love story/ something else entirely that takes a while to really start building. But then, like a snowball, the story starts to pick up pace, and by the end there's so much going on, you know it's got to be in a series. And thank God for that.

The characters in The Raven Boys were probably my favorite part of the story. Each character was unique and carefully thought out. Who EXACTLY would best play this role? It's hard (I imagine) for a female author such as Maggie Stiefvater to write about four very different boys that some how get along with each other, and who somehow play a very important role in how the story will unfold.

To sum it all up: I wasn't sure if I would like The Raven Boys (especially after the first fifty or so pages), but I'm glad I made it to the end. I recommend this for anyone searching for a mystery, but willing to sit through some less than (seemingly) promising scenes. Kind of like Sherlock Holmes.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account