Plot

N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
On the corner of a neighborhood street sits a queen. Nobody ever notices her or pays her any mind. Nobody except for one little girl. This little girl sees the woman as a superhero, guarding their houses. One night while everyone's asleep, a fire starts in one of the houses and she's the only one to witness it. Waking the street, she manages to save lives and that's when others start to see her. Then, they band together as a team and everyone gets their happy ending.

I wish adults could see life through children's eyes again. They view the world with an innocent mindset and aren't bogged down by biases. I love how the little girl sees this woman as a queen when most adults think less of them. There's also a lot of diversity in this book which makes it that much more endearing. It's always nice to see the good parts of humanity and how people can come together to help each other through trouble times. It's rare that you see homeless people in books and I love how the author really turns her into a queen. We need more books like this.

Final Verdict: THE QUEEN ON OUR CORNER is a heartwarming story that teaches the reader you shouldn't take the people around you for granted, no matter how they live. I would recommend this to all children and think it would be a great addition to school libraries because of the message it carries.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account