Plot

N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
The Outsiders by S.E. Hinton is a great book about friendship and not judging people before getting to know them. I really liked this book because it seemed so realistic. Even though the author wrote it more than forty years ago, the problems in the book are problems we still face today. No matter where we go, it seems like people will always be broken into groups based on what we wear, where we come from, or what we like to do. This book taught me that all people are basically the same, no matter where we come from. We can find similarities in each other just as easily as we can find differences.

The main characters in this book struggle because all their lives they've been taught to hate other people that are not like them. They also have a problem with judging other people, even though they dont want to be judged themselves. After awhile, the characters begin to wonder what is truly right and wrong.

The Outsiders also includes a poem by Robert Frost called Nothing Gold Can Stay. I love this poem because it is about savoring each moment of life and not forgetting that things always change - sometimes for the better and sometimes not. As the characters begin to grow up and change, they experience many sad things, but the final message is about hope.

The Outsiders made me think about things that I sometimes take for granted and it taught me that everyone deserves a chance. The book was inspiring because S.E. Hinton wrote it when she was only sixteen years old. It showed me that regardless of how old we are, what we look like, or where we come from, we are all capable of so much.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 97 21

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account