Plot

N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
I have to admit, I didn't expect this story to end up the way it does. Johnson builds up the tension and suspense of what's going on with the murders and how Rory is involved. She does a great job setting the scene with a totally suspenseful opening hook. Then she shows us Rory's world. The reader gets to know her right up to her own involvement in the murders.

Let's say I wasn't too surprised on the revelation but still found myself wanting to know more on what would happen next. Rory is a shade, someone who right before a near death event is able to see the dead. No, this isn't the now cliche I-see-the-dead story. Johnson goes much deeper than that with very satisfying results.

You can tell Johnson did her research on Jack the Ripper as well as the London backdrop. Yes, Rory does attend a boarding school but this isn't the usual boarding school paranormal. The hints and clues on what happens are subtly woven throughout the story. Rory is very believable and likeable. Her relationships with her roomies are real too. One thing I did have a hard time believing had to be the way this one top secret organization took care of spirits. I got a sense they used high fluency objects in order to make the spirit 'disappear'. If this just to make them go away, I'm not sure. I kind of wanted to know more on what happened to them.

Overall though I know I want to read the next book in the series and find out what Rory is going to do with her new found ability. London is well known for being a paranormal target. I'm sure she can bump into some more spirits. And you all know how much I love a good paranormal tale!
Good Points
Intriguing premise
Unique twist on the whole paranormal storyline
Liked the mystery/thrill parts of story
Report this review Was this review helpful? 3 0

Comments

1 results - showing 1 - 1
Ordering
Already have an account? or Create an account
March 13, 2012
I loved this book! I will be reviewing it soon, but seriously, creeptastic!!!
1 results - showing 1 - 1