Plot

N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
Thank you to fellow YABC'er and author Kim Baccellia for sharing this ARC with me!

What I liked: This was my first Sarah Dessen novel. It's well written with engaging characters and takes place in a beautiful setting. Emaline is an easy MC to like and her relationships felt authentic albeit slightly predictable. I enjoyed Luke as well even though I wanted to kick him.

What left me wanting: This cover is gorgeous, however, Emaline is described as having long brown hair and clearly the cover model is blonde. That may seem like a minor detail but it threw me off while reading. The first line of the summary, "Luke is the perfect boyfriend: handsome, kind, fun. He and Emaline have been together all through high school in Colby, the beach town where they both grew up." , felt like a dead giveaway that something was going to go down with Luke, and it does.

Final verdict: It makes for a great summer read and die-hard Sarah Dessen fans will no doubt love this.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

1 results - showing 1 - 1
Ordering
Already have an account? or Create an account
April 24, 2013
You should definitely read her other books. The thing with the cover would throw me off too.
1 results - showing 1 - 1