Plot

N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
Hold on for an exciting trip to a mysterious world where remembering might be a key to returning home.

The only thing Thomas can remember when he wakes up in the lift is his first name. Nothing else. When the lift opens he finds he's not alone. Other boys greet him to the Glade, which is enclosed by stone walls.

The other boys don't remember much either, only that they have to make sure they're not out at night in the huge maze that encircles them. A dangerous creature waits for them. That is if they're lucky enough to survive the string.

Every night, for the past two years, the walls close tight at night. Every thirty days a new boy comes to them in the lift.

That is until now. A girl comes in the lift muttering a strange message. The arrival of the girl brings back snatches of memory to Thomas. Somehow the Glade seems familar. So does the maze. All Thomas needs to do is remember so he can find a way back home.

This is a great fantasy that reminded me of THE CUBE meets LORD OF THE FLIES. A sure page turner, each scene builds up to the final confrontation at the end. Thomas knows he's different somehow from the other boys trapped inside the maze. His struggles to break through his blocked memories, as well as his attempts to understand the maze pull you right into the story. I wanted to know why Thomas was sent to this place and also why a series of events were released with his arrival. I only wish I'd known more about the mysterious girl, that has a link to Thomas. But I'm sure the author will reveal more of that in the sequel.

The setting is intriguing. So is the premise of bringing boys to an unique world as part of a twisted experiment. Glimpses of their other lives are revealed with other questions. All these tie in with the mystery of what is the maze and if they can indeed escape.

Sure to appeal to fans of THE HUNGER GAMES, this tale will keep you reading until the end is revealed. And even then the teaser last page will have you guesting. Be prepared to be glued to this unique tale that won't release you until the very end!
Report this review Was this review helpful? 9 0

Comments

1 results - showing 1 - 1
Ordering
Already have an account? or Create an account
July 16, 2011
This is a great review of this book! What she said!
1 results - showing 1 - 1