Plot

N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
This is the third book in the Body Finders, and sadly probably my least favorite. That’s not to say that it isn’t good, because it is, very much so. It’s just that it shifts its focus away from all the characters that I grew to love in the first books and kind of started over with a bunch of new ones. Don’t get me wrong, most of these new people are quite good, but I just missed all the old ones.

THE LAST ECHO hosts Kimberly Derting’s most disturbed villain yet, and this is a good thing. This guy is really messed up, he’s frightening, and yet I felt really sorry for him. Because deep down, he’s just a lonely little boy, who desperately wants someone to love him and can’t understand why no one does.

This author has the wonderful talent of making her antagonists seem real, as if this all could actually happen, which is, I think a downfall of a lot of books like this.

Not that there are a lot of books like this. The suspense in this story is incredible, there are extra added layers of mystery and sneakily little sub plots all over the place. There is this great little part I like to think of as 'the secret life of Rafe’, a couple of chapters where (among other things) you get all sorts of dirt on this guy, not everything though, ‘cause what fun would that be?

I was also a little disappointed with Jay (the wondrous boyfriend), we don’t get to see much of him and when he is around it seems like he mostly just kisses Violet, which, sadly, just isn’t that exiting after a while.

So this book is pretty darn good, a tiny bit of a letdown, but oh well. There’s a good solid plot, well rounded characters, and a nice spurt of action here and there. It’s very original, there aren’t really any books I can compare it to, other than the other ones in the series, of course.

Which isn’t something you come across all the time.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 1 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account