Young Adult Indie 707
An intriguing tale
Overall rating

Writing Style

Plot

Characters

Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
Kyara grew up in a world full of shifters and healers. You either become one or the other and she always assumed she would be a healer like her mother. Instead, a twist of fate makes her a banshee and she learns that there is more to the world than she knew. Now she has to ferry souls to the other side while leaving everything she knew behind.

The author takes her time introducing the characters. Kyara really believes that her future is set in stone. She isn't thrilled with the idea of being a healer, but when she discovers her true path, she is terrified. You feel for the character as she is essentially abandoned by her family and friends and forced to journey elsewhere to find out the truth. I enjoyed the story. The different realms of abilities were unique and banshees don't feature a lot in books, so this made a nice change to the usual supernatural creatures. Kyara does tend to react in a depressed manner to her circumstances as opposed to fighting against it, but this may just be her banshee nature. I would read more from this author and I would recommend this book as something a little different to read.
Good Points
Unique worldbuilding
Magical abilities
An unsuspecting lead character
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account