Plot

N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
When I first heard that Julie Kagawa had a vampire book coming out, I thought ... um, hasn't that subject been done to death and then some? But then I read the description and saw the trailer, and despite my misgivings, I found myself intrigued enough to give the book a try.

I am SO glad I did.

This book is fabulous. Dytopian setting, kick butt heroine, interesting secondary characters, incredible world-building, and a plot that kept me turning the pages as fast as I could. I was thoroughly immersed in the story from the very first page. If you love dystopians, action, paranormal, romance, or books that will rock your socks off, this book is for you.

My favorite part of the book (besides the exceptional world building) is the journey Allie (the heroine) takes internally. From being a survivor who looked after only herself, to becoming the creature she hated and feared the most, to losing her faith in humanity to deciding SHE could choose what kind of monster she was going to be ... it was really excellent. Nothing felt rushed or out of place. I appreciated that there were no easy answers, and that every choice had a consequence.

I wish the sequel was already in my hands. This is a series I'll be devoted to until the very last book.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account