Plot

N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
I was really nervous starting this one. I love Julie Kagawa's writing, but as a general rule, I don't like post apocalyptic or dystopian novels very much. After finishing, I sat here thinking, what was I thinking worrying? Julie Kagawa is such a talented writer, and only she could make me love a post apocalyptic novel this much.

Why no one has thought of a post apocalyptic vampire novel before now beats me, but it was SO COOL. I loved Julie Kagawa's vampires. The mythology behind her vampires made so much sense, and it was just really neat. I loved the Julie Kagawa's vampires were actually scary, and maybe even scarier than them, is the rapids.

All the mythology of the creatures poured into the world Julie Kagawa has created set up an awesome plot. While this book has a very dark tone to it, there still are quite a few lighter moments. I loved when I was finally able to figure out little pieces of the plot, and then had to speculate how I thought they would play into the story later down the line. There was also a pretty decent creep factor in this one.

I loved Allison - she was SO SNARKY. I found myself laughing at some of the things she said all the time. I really liked Kanin. While he was all cryptic like, I thought he was pretty snazzy and I hope to see more of him in the sequel. ZEKE. He was pretty rad as well. After Allison, I think Caleb was my favorite character of the book. He was adorable and I wanted to give him a hug.

Book 2 cannot come soon enough. I need it like yesterday. The Immortal Rules nicely ties up this plot arc, while opening the path for one that will be just as awesome, if not even more intense. I cannot wait to read it, and see what is next for Allison and the crew.

Julie Kagawa doesn't hold back at all with this one - she has pulled out all the stops. This is the sort of book everyone needs to read. I don't care if you say you are all vamped out, read it anyways. It was so unique, awesome, and just brilliant, that I want to shove it into the hands of everyone I see. I loved it so so much. Another masterpiece from Julie Kagawa.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account