Plot

N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
This has to be the best vampire book ever. No undead boyfriends, or bloody cross-species relationships, just pure survival and terror.

Why I Loved This Book So Much: The Hunt is a brilliant book because the vampires act like real vampires would act, like real monsters. The way the vampires acted when they encountered humans (or hepers), was monstrous and violent, and depicts a horrible creature perfectly, even though they are human in appearance. I was so glad when Gene didn't fall in love with a vampire, probably because it would of been impossible for him, he would of been brutally killed and eaten. I also loved this book was that it teaches us an important lesson under the blood and gore, remember who you truly are. Even though it is just fiction, The Hunt feels like a true survival story where the main character defies all odds and survives. I loved this book!!

What I didn't realise throughout the entire book was that the characters didn't have names. I partly didn't notice because it said Gene's name on the blurb, and just registered it as that. But throughout the entire book until right at the end, his name is never mentioned. I think that it would be so much harder trying to be human if you didn't know your real name, as well as how humans really act.

What is also amazing about this book is the writing style. On the outside, Gene is like any other, a emotionless monster who scratches his wrist when somethings funny, drools at the mention of a human, and tears through blood and flesh. But on the inside he is a human. He refers to himself as a vampire on the outside, as to blend in with everyone, but thinks himself a human. This writing style is done so perfectly, that I began to appreciate how tough Gene must be to survive, and not just end it all.

This book is truly a work of art, and is nothing like you'd expect. Even if it sounds like The Hunger Games, or seems to be a Twilight rip-off, it is not. It is a completely different, and is truly one of a kind. Important things are taught in this book, but not at all cheesy, and there is one key factor throughout this book, humanity.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account