Plot

N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
Who knew The Hunger Games trilogy by Suzanne Collins could cause so much trouble. According to the ALA, the dystopian trilogy has been labeled by some as anti-ethnic, anti-family, insensitive and satanic all while being peppered with offensive language and the too frequent scene of violence. I don’t see any truth to these claims except for the fact that, yeah, 22 kids are killed in the first book alone. So you got us on violence.

And it’s that violence that I want to focus on specifically for "Mockingjay," the third book in The Hunger Games trilogy. As you all probably know, the third book has no Hunger Games and instead focuses on Katniss and friends waging war against the Capitol to finally overthrow the sadistic turds who started the Games in the first place.

I understand and appreciate the need for this civilian-led rebellion, and this seems like a logical conclusion to the series. This highlights the heartache the Hunger Games have caused and the perverseness of the Capitol citizens who loved to watch them as much as we love to watch the Kardashians (maybe I’m using the term “we” loosely, but I sure love those ladies!). In short, I don’t think we have to worry about each state sending out a couple of tributes anytime soon, and if they do, I'm sure it will end in rebellion as "Mockingjay" does.
Good Points
Wraps up the storyline.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 1 1

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account