Plot

N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
Catching Fire greatly improves upon The Hunger Games and that in itself is amazing. I love the first book, Katniss is one of the few characters that I really relate to. Her love for her family and those close to her mean more to her than anything and I'm the same way. Her strength isn't her weapon, it's her will.

This book really shows how the fire is spreading and how the people of Panam are ready to be free, to take their lives into their own hands. One of my favorite parts was in District 11 where they all do the hand sign. It just shows how sick they are of suffering and how ready they are to follow a leader.

The love triangle, if you can even call it that, is very tame. I know some people who won't even read a book if it has a love triangle because they say Twilight ruined it all. To me though, it's very down played and easy to get through. Katniss isn't really a lover to me. She is a fighter.

There isn't a character in this book I really hate (President Snow not included), Haymitch Abernathy, Katiness Everdeen, and Johanna Mason are my favorites though. Haymitch is sweet in his sad drunken way and I'm not sure why but Johanna, there is just something about her I love.

I do have a quote from the book that just sends chills through me when I read it or when I hear it in the movie, "Remember who the real enemy is."
?Haymitch

Overall, this book is breathtaking and amazing. I would never get tried of rereading it.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account