Plot

N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A

Oh, what's this then? the long lost art of plot? hmm.. it's been so long the signs were almost non distinguishable

Suzanne Collins has managed to capture the true inner workings of plotting for a revolution. Take it from somebody who's seen one first hand fairly recently.
Collins's story arch rings completely sincere as the second installment of the series explains the fascist regime of the capitol in further detail.

[Katinss Everdeen has survived a Games by challenging the authority figures of Panem who refuse to let her get away with undermining them and toss her right back into the arena to meet what is certain to be a gory death as the tributes this times are no set of trembling children. But previous victors of The Games themselves.

Meanwhile, small outbursts of discontent coalesce into a full scale rebellion and a new hope for escape from the cold clutches of The Capitol arises. will this be the salvation Katniss seeks? ]

However, from the very first chapter of the first book you can tell that Katniss is a total Mary Sue.

It's a sad fact that most YA literature is based on fantastical characters with deep rooted angst and an adoring fan club that follows them wherever they go. One they are honestly baffled by and therefore have no interest in(or can't make up their minds about).

The Gale/Katniss/Peeta triangle is too much of a reminder of Edward/Bella/Jacob for my liking.

Some people have complained that the book was drawn out at the beginning, I agree that the events lingered a bit at the start but what do you expect after your protagonist has only just survived a fight to the death?

In my opinion, the lag was natural for Katniss to catch her breath and prepare us for what comes next.

The Mary Sue-ness of Katniss might have dropped my rating for this book to 3 stars if it wasn't made up for by the end events, which had me thoroughly on the edge of my seat :)
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account