Plot

N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
Many of you have either heard of or have seen the blockbuster movies based on these books. I personally read the books firsts. These books are amazing!

Katniss Everdeen is a sixteen-year-old girl who lives with her mother, sister Primrose and best friend Gale in a poverty stricken town known as District 12. Twelve districts make up the dystopian nation of Panem, all of which must sacrifice two tributes, one male and one female, to The Capital's Hunger Games. These games are a bloody televised competition filled with death traps and teenagers brutally killing each other til only one remain. This lone survivor is crown The Victor which entitles their district to much-needed supplies. Peeta Mellark and Primrose are drawn as Tributes but Katniss volunteers to take her place for her sister.

Katniss is a strong young girl who manages to use all her skills and wit to survive the horrors of The Hunger Games. In order to survive, she must convince the world that she and Peeta are star-crossed lovers in order for them both to survive. However, this act ignites a rebellion that Katniss never could have foreseen. Furthermore, she becomes the face of this rebellion, becoming known as The Mockingjay.

I love Katniss as a character! I think she is strong, determined and stays true to herself throughout her changing world. Though there is a love triangle between Katniss and the two male leads Peeta and Gale she isn't consumed by this. Instead, she puts it aside and shows little interest, realising she has bigger priorities such as surviving The Capital's wrath. This was a really nice change compared to other young adult novels where the love triangle is the main focus and the characters are always worrying about it. Instead, the rebellion is the main focus, especially in the second and third books.

I personally liked the books more than the movies as they went into more details about everything. I do recommend seeing the movies, though! Just read the books first.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 2 1

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account